Sunday, June 7, 2009

Little Red Riding Hood

So this post is a little tribute to my mom. Yesterday she rode in an all women's bike ride in Wellsville Utah. It is called "The Little Red Riding Hood". My mom (Kat) and one of her dear friends Louise rode 80 MILES! Wow wow wow is all I can say!! Way to go ladies! All the money and proceeds go to support breast cancer. There were about 2700 women who rode yesterday. It was really neat because there were women of all sizes and ages participating.
My mom did not know that Shane, Leni Jane, and I were going to meet her at the finish line, but we really wanted to support her. She came to hundreds of my volleyball games and drove me all over the place back in the day... so thanks Mom!! My mom has always pushed herself to do things that are challenging, and in doing so has inspired many people, including myself, to keep going when things are difficult. I hope I can ride it with you next year mama! Loves xoxo




We made a sign so Gramma Kat would see us when she finsihed!

I love the look on Gramma Kat's face when she saw us! This was at the finish line!
I promise Leni was really excited to be there! You can only keep a kid so cooperative when it's nap time.

3 comments:

the farmboy's wife said...

That is so awesome!! She has definetely inspired me :o) Love you Mammakat!

Anica said...

Your mom is awesome! She is such a cool lady. You have been blessed with a really neat family.

spencerandmolly said...

oh i love these pics. Mom is so adorable.