Sunday, July 5, 2009

Jackson Hole- Love ya Heath!

This past week was really special for me. I was finally able to take Shane with me and my family to Jenny's Lake in Jackson Hole. Heather, my older sister, died 12 years ago this summer. She was living in Jackson Hole during the end of her time here on earth. She loved to hike and would often hike around Jenny's Lake. I think that she found peace and serenity while hiking and enjoying God's amazing and beautiful creations. I also feel much peace when I am in the outdoors, I always feel like I am realigned with purpose of being here in this mortal existence. To gain experience so that we may gain wisdom. So my family has hiked around Jenny's Lake every year in memory of Heather. It's the "Annual Hike". This year we were also lucky enough to have Manuel and Angie come with us on the hike. They are our dear friends from Guatamala, whom Kevin baptized on his mission, and we have been friends with ever since. Angie has spent the last 6 months here learning English and she is now on her way home with her dad. I will miss her so much, she is like a baby sister to me. Plus she has taught me so much Spanish, that I think I am ready to move to a spanish speaking country and once and for all become fluent! Well with all the really crappy things that happen in life, I have so many blessings! Life is so good.
The whole fam damily! That waterfall behind us was so freaking huge! With all the water this year it was absolutely amazing.
Whew! Leni was getting so thirsty from all that work.

Jenny's Lake. Pictures never justify.
The water is so pure and beautiful. Manuel and Angie were drinking it and I freaked out for a second... then I realized "Oh yeah, they are from Guatamala... this is probably the freshest water they will ever drink!"
Shane, Leni Jane, and Taylor (niece) at the beginning of the hike.
Grand Tetons. Enough said.
The amazing square ice cream in Swan Valley Idaho. I think that is that city's saving grace.
Angie and I eating breakfast and getting ready for the hike. Wow I think we got like 5 hours of sleep... we look so hot right now!

5 comments:

Luke and Amy Aplington said...

Love you!!

apparellel said...

ahhhh.....sweet. beautiful!

spencerandmolly said...

awe how fun. I wish i could have been there. that is like my favorite place. xoxox glad you had fun.

A said...

What a cool thing you guys do for Heather!

Christy said...

I can't believe it has been 12 years - some days it feels like yesterday!! I think about her all the time :)

I love that you have made it an annual hike...maybe next year we should all join you!

There was a mountain right behind K-Mart that was Heather's favorite - i think we climbed it a MILLION times...i am grateful that she passed on her love for hiking to me - we climbed Mt. Borah and I know she gave me strength to endure :) (cause it was a SUCKY hike! lol!)