Tuesday, May 26, 2009

One man's trash is another man's treasure






Okay, so I am trying to discover new hobbies and interests of mine. Carrie, my sis, and I have always had fun doing "crafty" things together (crafts that do not involve raffia or toll paints!). So over the weekend we went to a thrift store and found this awesome little chair. Leni loved it too because she could crawl up into it all by herself, plus she could drag books and stuffed animals into the chair also. Carrie and I recovered the chair in houndstooth and we think it is super cute now! I must say it was an adventure recovering the chair... I don't know how old it was, but we found all sorts of things in it when we took off the original covering. I know the chair originally looked pretty ghetto, but it's amazing what a little lysol and fabric can do. SO the moral of the story is when you buy things at the D.I. expect the worse and hope for the best!

7 comments:

the farmboy's wife said...

that turned out so cute!! I love it!

spencerandmolly said...

thats so cute! it was pretty ghetto to start. i wish i was there to do it with you! What's with you finding midget furniture at the d.i.? yellow couch?

spencerandmolly said...

oh....and don't diss on toll paints. the past two canvases i've done are painted with toll paints. i'll post it on my blog later.... send some suggestions my way.

Unknown said...

Look at how creative you are Haley! You need to teach me how to do that! Leni looks way to cute sitting in her little chair!

Brynnly and Alan said...

Looks great! P.s. Carrie looks great in that picture!

apparellel said...

well hello there wonder woman! that chair looks so dang cute. i love how i'm over here shredding my clothing and studding everything and you are recovering chairs. really, is there anything you don't do?

muah!

Anica said...

Love the chair. I need to go shopping with you and find a fun chair. I don't know if I have the talent to recover it though . . .